DOI SUTHEP TEMPLE & HMONG HILLTRIBE VILLAGE
Morning 8.00 am – 12.30 pm.
Afternoon 13.00 pm. – 17.00 pm.
HIGHLIGHTS : Doi Suthep Temple, Hmong (Meo) Hilltribe village
Wat Phra That Doi Suthep (Doi Suthep Temple) is set amongst the peak of Doi Suthep. It has a lovely setting with a panoramic view of Chiangmai and the Mae Ping River valley. Although Wat Doi Suthep is the most recently built of the temples dating from the Lanna Thai period, it is the symbol of Chiangmai. The site was selected by sending an elephant to roam at will up the mountainside. When it reached this spot, it trumpeted, circled three times, and knelt down which was interpreted as a sign indicating an auspicious site.
Hmong: The Hmong or Meo is the group living in China, Vietnam, Burmar,Laos and Thailand. They call themselves Hmong and are separated into two major groups “White Hmong” who call themselves Hmong Daw ad the Striped Hmong or Blue Hmong who call themselves Hmong Njua. They are linguistically classified as Sino-Tibatan.The Hmong give much importance to their New Year’s celebration. When they worship their ancestral spirits each village holds their worship at different ties to accommodate other villages especially for the young to meet potential mates. The celebration lasts for two to three days in December. Each village will wear their native dress and engage in local games in the village center which outsiders are allowed to participate in.
Tour Included :
- Entrance fee mentions on tour
- Air conditioned Transportation with Insurance
- English speaking guide with T.A.T License
- Drinking water
Tour Excluded :
- Personal expense
550 THB/Pax ( JOIN GROUP)
**Dress Polite is required**
- Below 2 years old is free of charge, but must sit with the parent
- 2++ – 8 years old : child and charge 50% from price of adult
- 9 years old up or taller than 120 cm is consider to adult price
- This tour is operated by the professional partner and there are maximum 12 person in the van.
- We offer pick up and drop off hotel in town , kindly of you please ask your hotel location before make reservation